
Happy Cinco De Mayo!
Yes, it is the 5th of May and I must admit I know little about the holiday. But thanks to our little friend wiki, I was able to do a little research on my culture. SO, to sum it up...the 5th of May commemorates the day the Mexican Army defeated the french army in the Battle of Puebla. The outnumbered Mexicans defeated a much better-equipped French army that had not been defeated in almost 50 years. Even though Cinco de Mayo has little significance in Mexico, it is recognized around the world to celebrate the Mexican heritage and pride.
Tunes we'll be listening to while drinking our margaritas:
Periodico de Ayer by Hector Lavoe
Baila Esta Cumbia by Selena
Techno Cumbia by Selena
Suavemente by Elvis Crespo
Guantanamera by Celia Cruz
1 comment:
Ha. I love you and miss you so much.
Post a Comment